Friday, August 12, 2011

The very first lecture

I survived day 1!!

What i got out of it...
1) I'm more motivated and less anxious of the module. (erm, as i type this, i just got the jitters agains oh wells.)

2) Prof Ben Leong's motivational words are pretty helpful. Kinda reminded me of the very reason why i chose to take up cs3216.! I really like the second quote.
Make a difference.
What doesn't kill you, makes you STRONG!
3) hearing the seniors' advices and experiences made me more certain of this module. Despite the hell-like workload, they persevered till the end and remembered the joy. I would want to experience that as well. The only concern right now is that i'm really scared of my module combination this sem. 3 project-intensive module and 2 examinable ones. Just gotta pull through i guess.

4) OMG. Everyone is SUPER talented!!! Show & Tell was a blast!!! I was amazed by how diverse the whole class is and especially the pharmacy guy who can do programming. Those engine guys who can code and design.. and even make REAL ROBOTS. I mean look at myself, im merely a nooby designer with limited skills and probably no one knows i can design since i forgot to mention that. I totally should have shown the interactive design project i did last sem that won my team a 2nd placing in the UPA competition held in Atlanta. What i wrote on the CS3216 Superheroes paper was mostly for i'm a blogger", "worked in a real company before" and just 1 or 2 "photoshop guru". :/ Ah well, what's done is done.


I guess what i need to do right now is to keep the PASSION going! Not to let it wither!!!

On a side note, i'm really EXCITED about the saturday workshops!! I finally get to learn some programming. Hope i'm not tooo noob to pick it up.

2 comments:

  1. Dun worry lah. You're doing good advertising yourself on your blog.

    In any case, it's a real advantage to be a girl in CS3216, because there are *so few* girls. Someone will approach you to join their team soon enough. If I have to guess, someone probably has already.

    Don't worry *too* much. All the students for the past three batches survived CS3216. None were maimed either. Almost all had a hard time but most enjoyed the ride. It's really quite obscure, but in another 13 weeks, you'd understand it first hand.

    Randy Pausch was truly a genius. In CS3216, I was merely a first follower. He was the lone nut. Strangely enough, his formula really does work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. thats nice to hear! im kinda done with groupings alr. :)

    I love "The Last Lecture", bought it 2 years ago. Shall re-read again just to reward myself for the BINGO sheet. (I was 1 person away from BINGO-ing).

    ReplyDelete