Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I hope to learn in cs3216


This is kinda crazy, but lemme start with saying my favorite 2 words these days.

Hello evleybirdie!!!

So what do i mean by "kinda crazy"?
Honestly, I'm not sure what has gotten into my head for having the guts to take up a computing module, and not just any computing module but THIS!! I mean it is software developement!!!! %^^$#^$&&# I know nuts about normal coding already (except for some basic dreamweaver), I still decided to try. I'm hoping to exercise my creativity in the course of coming up with killer app ideas and also to design the UI for them. I'm not 100% confident of my design skills, but i'm willing to learn and upgrade myself!

I hope to learn...
1) definitely, some basic programming skills! I'm a kinda maths person since young. I like to count and i'm pretty good with numbers. From what i know, that's a good thing to have to learn programming! When i see my friends doing their programming assignments, i feel this desire to understand the codes also. hehe and of course I wanna know more LANGUAGES~

2) more about UI/UX design that i happen to encounter during my internship with 2359 media. Helping colleagues brainstorming app ideas for clients was something i really enjoyed doing. CS3216 will give me the chance to realise design dreams of my own i suppose and also to hear about others' ideas and work on them.

3) how to work well in a team, especially under the simulation of a real working environment with people from the diff fields. It is rare chance that i will get to work with computing students and there will be many habits of them that im not aware of. There will be times that we all disagree with each other where we will need to take a step back and think for the greater good of the whole project.

These are just 3 fundamental points i wanna know. Due to the lack of knowledge for this module yet, more to be added throughout the semester when i know more.

As i always believe: More knowledge brings more queries!

2 comments:

  1. Heard a lot of good things about you from your two bosses at 2359, who as it turns out, were ex-CS3216 students.

    Look forward to working with you in the coming Semester. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. *shy* gonna thank them for the compliments!

    They are really very talented and I'm highly inspired.
    Looking forward to your lectures too! :D

    ReplyDelete